Thursday, July 29, 2010

I'm ready

If this trip has taught me anything, it has taught me that I want to grow up. Jobs in coffee shops and musicians who wanna make it big (or even worse, those who don't even have the drive to try) don't do it for me anymore. I don't want to be an artist, I don't want to be a writer, I don't want to live in Tucson.
But I do want to do amazing things. Everyone I have met and become close to in the last month have taught me that there are so many great opportunities out there, without me needing to give up on adventure. I have an opportunity to work in Palestine, or Toronto, or San Francisco, and there are jobs for me in London and Ghana and Geneva. Why settle? I want to see the world, but not with a backpack on my shoulder and 20 bucks in my pocket. I want to do good things for the world and meet people with ambition. I spent the past 18 years of my life in school, and I'll be damned if thats going to waste.

Hello future, I'm here.

1 comment: