Friday, July 2, 2010

lady gaga

One of the oldest cathedrals in Tucson is a few blocks from my house. Its St. Augustine's, who is the patron saint of Tucson. And the cathedral is next door to a Pep Boys. Every Sunday the church fills with people going to mass; its their destination. But if they need an oil change while they're there, well thats just convenient.

Now you need to understand, Carlee is not a celebrity to me because she is a cancer patient, or a single mom, or a once-was-and-again-soon-to-be late night waitress at the Grill. She is the girl who I made creme brule, ate Dominoes pizza and watched Rosemary's baby with. She entrusted me with the wise wisdom "you cannot draw a butterfly onto a piece of paper and eat it into your stomach." Maybe its an in-joke, and you wont understand. But I do. Sometimes I feel like the Pep Boys to her St. Augustine, but thats ok. I don't like the lime light. I'm content being "her friend", and not being a friend. You know? Or maybe thats an in-joke too.

I have abandonment issues, but if you don't know that by now you never will. But no longer can I say that I'm self conscious, I took off that hat long ago. At least I'm making improvements.

3 comments:

  1. I think I can get down with this blog. Hi Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you took off the self conscious hat.

    Because you can rest easy in the firm knowledge and understanding that you are in every way an incredibly beautiful human being.

    :)

    ReplyDelete